Easy Low Carb Desserts
Angel Spice Chiffon CakeIngredients:
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Oil
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Cup Carb Counters Bakesquick All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Maple or Vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Separate yokes from eggs, placing yokes in a medium sized bowl and egg whites in a med-large sized bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup water to yokes, along with the oil and stir to blend.
- Add 1 cup of Bakesquick, 1 cup Spoonful, pumpkin pie spice and salt to yokes.
- Whisk or stir with spoon to blend well.
- With electric mixer, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form (3-4 min)
- Spoon yoke mixture into egg whites and gently fold (do not beat) the egg whites into the yoke mixture
- Spoon into 8″ or 10″ angel food cake pan or into 9″ x 13″ cake pan
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. If using angel food cake pan, turn upside down to cool.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes.
- For the glaze, melt butter in microwave
- Combine with 1 Tablespoon water, 2 Tablespoons Bakesquick, 2 Tablespoons Spoonful and flavoring
- Stir to mix well, adding slightly more water if necessary to achieve glaze consistency
- Spoon over cooled cake, sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired and chill.